Friday, November 29, 2013

Go With the Flow

Let's talk about how crazy frustrating life and relationships can get. Don't zone out on me just yet, bear with me; I promise there's a good message in this.

So life is treating you like the bottom of a shoe. Or you and your significant other are a couple of rams constantly butting heads? But... you're too stubborn to quit or just give up or walk away, right?Instead, you argue, you fight, you push back, not realizing what's coming out of your mouth... and you still get the same results and end up doing the same stuff all over again. Maybe, just maybe, its time to try going with the flow. I know, sounds so easy and doesn't sound like it's gonna fix your problem. But hear me out...

My ex-husband took away all my control from. Just stole it all away from me like I was nothing to him. Having your control taken from you and giving it away are two very different things. But going with the flow doesn't mean you are giving away your control to someone else. You are still in charge of what you do, what you say, where you go; you are simply freeing yourself of past burdens, flowing along with the here and now.

I've had people ask me before these very same questions about my past:
"Can you go back to it? No
Can you change it? No
Can you do anything about who or what caused it? No
Then stop living in it!"

Pretty wise words if you think about it. We can't go back in time and change anything. All we can do is remember how it made us feel and what we remember, and not keep looking in our rear view mirror while we drive.

If you find yourself going in circles, put on the brake, put it in park for a moment, and ask yourself: Just what in the world am I doing chasing my own tail? From there you have 3 choices...turn left to continue the cycle, turn right to start a new loop, or go straight to find your destiny. 


Currently Reading: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

No comments:

Post a Comment